Westwego Terminal Operations
The Westwego Terminal site consists of approximately 1 million barrels of storage capacity ranging in size from 5,000 to 100,000 barrels. Our operations support many different commercial customers, including commodity brokers, refiners, and chemical manufacturers. The site is located within the Port of New Orleans at mile marker 101.5 on the Mississippi River. At the Westwego Terminal, we generally receive our customers’ liquid product by river vessel at our Mississippi River dock and byrailcar. The product is transferred from marine vessels and railcars to the specified leased storage tank via the terminal’s segregated pipeline systems. The customer’s product is shipped from storage at our terminal by truck, railcar, and/or marine vessel.
- Deep-water dock with 55 feet of draft1 that can accommodate vessels with up to a 700-foot LOA
- Three rail sidings with a capacity for up to 40 railcars; switching service provided by the NOGC railroad
- Product-packaging warehouse capable of filling containers ranging from five-gallon pails to 500-gallon totes
- Two-bay centralized truck-loading facility with built-in truck scales
- Heating, air sparging, and nitrogen-distribution systems available for the storage of temperature- or moisture-sensitive products
- Three acres of open property available for expansion of up to 100,000 barrels of additional capacity
- Products: Caustic soda, lube-oil additives, oil-field drilling fluids, vegetable oils, specialty chemicals
Blackwater New Orleans
660 LaBauve Drive
Westwego, LA 70094
Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer
1Draft based on latest soundings and is subject to change without notice.